I feel so humbled and so excited to announce that I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! This is so exciting! It is my first award. 🙂
What Is The Blogger Recognition Award?
The award is a way that we recognize and support each other as bloggers, and especially to show that we appreciate how much time, work, energy, and effort goes into producing and maintaining a high-quality blog. It is a humbling experience to be recognized from two of my fellow bloggers (and friends) this past week.
Thank you to Linda Jean from Wittes World for the nomination. Linda is one of the nicest women I have ever “met” and in the short time of interacting with her through our love of blogging, I have grown to call her a friend. She is so good at motivating and encouraging her fellow bloggers. Linda’s blog is full of insights on traveling, good eats, and life. You will leave her blog feeling like you met a new friend and inspired to travel and enjoy life to the fullest.
Thank you to Latisha Porter from Renew Inspiration for the nomination. Latisha has been so kind to me and taken the time to comment on many of my posts. Latisha’s blog is full of inspiration and will leave you feeling renewed and revived. Her kindness and strength ooze from her writing and you can’t help but wish that you could pull up a seat and have a glass of tea with Latisha.
Thanks again, ladies. You are both truly inspirational. It is an honor to be nominated from talented bloggers, like yourselves.
The Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Got Started
This is actually my second blog. My first didn’t last long and got lost along the way as life began to happen. Writing feels like an old friend. It’s strange, slightly awkward, but it also feels like home. I started this blog in hopes to revive some inspiration that was lacking in my life. I was starting to feel overwhelmed, stressed, and uninspired with learning to be a mom, having a second child, trying to be a good wife, and just the everyday grind. Writing would still call me. It would whisper my name, like an old friend. Ideas would run through my head. Words that I felt needed to be written, but I pushed writing to the back of my mind. I had so many “good” reasons to not pick up my laptop. Writing is like a string that binds us. Writing anchors me and pulls me close to others that might be floating recklessly alone, just like myself. It is a way to say, “hi. Take my extra life vest. Hold on tight. You are not alone. The calm water will come.” Since starting up a blog again in August, I have felt more like myself than I have for a very long time. My hope is that I can inspire others to find the inspiration in the chaos of everyday life and that it is never too late to try again to reach your dreams.
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
- Write about what you love. Words come easy when it is something that you love. It won’t feel like work if it is something you are passionate about. Focus on quality instead of quantity.
- Find a community. Something I have done this second time around is reaching out to other bloggers and join blogging groups on Facebook. Support and motivation from fellow bloggers go a long way in this journey.
My Nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award
- Anita Doseck from Motherhood Made Simple. Anita is a stay at home mom to two precious little ones. Her blog covers topics from pregnancy, labor/delivery, cooking for a busy family, breastfeeding, body images…to name a few. Anita’s blog is a great space full of information for new moms and moms that need a smile and a little reminding that they aren’t alone.
- Sensational Learning with Penguin. Sensational Learning with Penguin is a mother/son blog about their daily adventures in learning. Penguin has been diagnosed with autism and is homeschooled. His mom shares inspirational information and numerous ideas for crafts and learning activities. You can’t read this blog without feeling inspired and maybe even a little jealous that you can’t tag along on their adventures or eat some of her wonderful recipes. My mouth waters looking at the pictures of her cinnamon rolls.
- The Lund Family from A Lunderful Life. A Lunderful Life is a family blog written by Eric and his wife Chelsae. They recently added to their family with a beautiful little girl, named Olivia. Their blog shares stories of all their adventures, their love for travel, all things lifestyle, and tales of becoming new parents. I can’t help but wish I was able to pull up a seat with the Lunds. They seem like such a fun family. You will leave their blog feeling inspired and just like you took a trip or two with friends.
- Kesi from Kesi’s Korner. Kesi’s Korner is full of inspiration and love. Kesi shares tales of being a BoyMom, postpartum, self-care, and inspirational scriptures that are working blessings in her life. You will leave her blog feeling like you made a new friend. You can see how much she completely loves and adores her family.
- Kate from All the Trinkets. All the Trinkets is a creative lifestyle and personal growth blog. Kate’s writing is so much fun to read and her goal is to help you flourish and to inspire and motivate you. Kate’s blog is so bright and beautiful. Her sweet soul shines through in every word and you can feel her love for people. You would be blessed to call Kate a friend.
- Sonja from Too Much Character. is a stay at home mom to two little ones. Sonja’s blog is full of easy to read, fun stories, that make you nod your head in agreement as you read along. I find myself wanting to be best buddies with her when I read her posts. I feel like we have so much in common. She will leave you feeling hopeful.
- Amity from Barbells & Blessings. “Love God. Lift Heavy. Live Well.” Amity is from Georgia, a mother of two, and a military wife. Her goal is to continue to strive to be closer to God while working towards a healthy lifestyle. Amity shares stories about her walk in Christ, healthy recipes, and motivates you to work hard and enjoy life. Her love and passion for Jesus is evident in every word. You will feel inspired and loved after visiting Amity’s blog.
- Cait from Cait Gets a Life. Cait is a wife and mother of three. Cait took inspiration from her husband, who is pursuing his dreams of running his own business, and decided to do something for herself, which was the start of this blog. I think Cait describes her blog the best, “this blog is for anyone out there who can identify with the struggle, the hormones, the tears, the emotions, the highs and the lows of being part of a family.” Cait’s blog will remind you that you are never alone.
- Sheryl from Simply Scripture. “Encourage. Equip. Transform.” Sheryl has been involved in Women’s Ministry for over 20 years. If you are looking for inspiration, a refreshment of spirit and someone to talk scripture with then this blog is for you. Sheryl shares bible studies, videos, and many stories of inspiration. I found this blog because I was searching for a stronger relationship with Christ. I pray that you are lead to this blog if you need to feel revived or if you are new to this journey of Christ.
- Maree Dee from Embracing the Unexpected. Maree Dee is a wife and mother of three children. She has a passion for helping others and is an advocate for families that are impacted by mental illnesses. In Maree Dee’s own words she is “a work in progress accepting God’s grace and mercy every day.” She covers topics ranging from faith, grief/loss, and mental health to name just a few. You will leave Maree Dee’s blog feeling inspired, encouraged, and reminded that God loves you.
- Courtney from What My Mother Made Me. Courtney shares her experiences as a new mom covering topics from pregnancy, fun craft ideas, and way to have fun on a budget. Courtney’s blog is full of helpful information and it is so fun and easy to read. I sat down to read one or two posts and found I couldn’t stop there. As a mom, it is always nice to hear from other moms.
- Beth from Messy Marriage. Beth is a pastor’s wife, mother of three boys, and a life coach. Beth’s blog is a great testimony on how to make a marriage work the God way. It is full of Bible studies, videos, and words of encouragement and inspiration. This is a blog I have bookmarked and return to on a regular basis. Marriage is hard work, but this is a great reminder that a good, Godly marriage can be done.
- Wendy from Wednesday Morning Whispers. Wendy is a wife and mother of three children. She finds happiness in journaling, reading, hiking, sitting by the fire, taking trips to the ocean, and spending time with friends and family. While checking out Wendy’s blog you “will discover personal essays, recipes, DIY projects, giveaways, and other valuable content to encourage you to try new things, and improve your life.” I can’t wait to try out the pancake casserole. Check out Wendy’s blog if you are in need of a smile and encouragement.
- Casi from Mom of Three and a Fire Wife. Casi is a wife of a firefighter and mother of three littles. You will find “an assortment of things; our house build and all that crazy-ness, my opinion on various things that are happening in the world, reviews on products or things I have purchased and an overall look into my life.” You will not be disappointed with this blog. It is full of good reads and Casi writes with such a mellow ease, that it is as if you are sipping some tea and talking to her from across the table instead of on your computer screen.
- Big and Pinky Toes. Big and Pinky Toes is a fun blog to check out and is written by a working mom and wife. The post topics are “all over the place,” but that is what makes it fun because there is something for everyone to enjoy! You can always find something to enjoy and will walk away with a smile.
Please visit these amazing blogs! You should also subscribe and follow them on social media!