“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” -Abraham Lincoln
“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” -Ayn Rand
December 3 – Create a list of all the things that made you happy this year.
As you know, I have decided to take part in the 31-Day Blog Challenge. December 3 stopped me in my tracks a bit. For a moment (again…like the previous post, I felt myself taking a few steps back) can I really come up with a list? I want to give a shout out to Linda Jean for creating this challenge list. Thank you for forcing me to reevaluate my year and truly test what I believe. The irony isn’t lost on me. I created a blog with the theme of “finding inspiration in the chaos.” Well, it is time to pony up. Am I doing what I am trying to sale to my readers? 🙂 Yes, I am <3 So (drumroll please)…
All the things that made me happy this year:
- My Family
- My Boys
- Hearing Nikola and Sagan playing in their room. <3
- Starting my blog (THIS BLOG!!) <3
- My first comment on my new blog!
- Breakfast for dinner
- When pumpkin spice came back!
- Me losing 18 pounds!
- My friends
- Connecting with a friend from junior high!
- Food delivery (other than pizza) when I didn’t feel like cooking
- Finding a family recipe for pecan pie 🙂
- Making the pecan pie from the family recipe (turned out SO good)
- Watching Hocus Pocus! Always makes me feel like Fall/Halloween is really here!
- Watching the Hocus Pocus: 25 years Celebration on TV (made me feel a little old)
- My little boys dressing up as characters from the original Ghostbusters movie! (Proud Parenting Win!)
- My oldest started pre-k this year!
- My oldest turned 5!
- Watching all the Santa Clause (Tim Allen) and Home Alone Movies with Nikola! He loves them as much as I do.
- Watching the Grinch (old school cartoon) with Sagan and watching him laugh. <3
- Putting up a new Christmas tree from my Granny and Pappy (mixed emotions about this one)
- Paying off our truck!
- Deciding that we will try for Baby #3 (and our last) starting next summer! <3
- Moving the boys into their own room! Together! With all their toys! They love it!
- First fire in our fireplace.
- New Lap Top
- New Wash Machine (Moms will totally get this) 😉
- Rewatching the entire season of Numbers on Hulu
- Joy By For King and Country
- Bubble bath without the boys banging on the door
- Any small amounts of “me time” that I can get!
- Making cookies and Rice Krispie treats with my boys.
- Good coffee
- Getting into a bed with clean, fresh sheets
- When my boys let me sleep past 7:00 (we are usually up by 5 or 5:30)
- Finding just the right pair of yoga pants
- Finding just the right pair of boots
- Buying shirts and pants 2 sizes smaller than last year!
- Going through our storage building. Trashing, donating, and reorganizing!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup from Chik-fil-A
- Showing my son how to give back to others. Pay it forward! It has been a huge discussion for us this year.
- Watching how much my son is learning from his first year in school.
- Watching my boys dance to the Ghostbusters song in our living room.
- Watching Nikola teach his little brother something.
This was a great reminder that maybe I had a few big things that made me sad this year, but all these little things carry bigger weight where it counts. <3
What made you happy this year?
“For unto us a child is born, unto us, a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” -Isaiah 9:6