December 8: Presents (If Money Were No Option)
“For it is in giving that we receive.” -Francis of Assisi
“To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” -Mark Twain
“The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own.” -Lao Tzu
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” -Charles Dickens
“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” -Maya Angelou
“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” -Bob Hope
I have taken part in the occasional “what if I won the lottery?” fantasy. I have often thought what would I do for myself and what would I do for others? I always find it much more fun to come up with ways to help and surprise others. So coming up with a list of presents I would buy IF money was no object should be easy and lots of FUN!
List of Presents if Money was no Object (AKA If I were Santa) <3 😉
- Buy my mom a house.
- Buy my dad a house.
- Pay off my immediate family’s debt.
- Pay off my whole family’s debt. I mean, let’s be honest if money isn’t an issue, let’s go big. 🙂
- Donate to all my favorite charities (every 3 months).
- Set up college funds for my children.
- Send my mom on her dream vacation.
- Send my dad on his dream vacation.
- Send my brother and his fiance on their dream vacation.
- Go on a trip around the world with my husband and children.
- Set up a fund for every orphanage in my area to make sure the children get presents each year for their birthdays and Christmas.
- Set up a fund for every orphanage in my area to make sure all the children have a way to pay for college or trade school of some sort, especially the ones that might not get adopted before they turn 18. I would want to make sure they have a nest egg of some sort to help with their future when they are let out of the system.
- Make large donations to all the animal shelters in my area.
- Make donations for all the shelters and soup kitchens in our area.
- For all my donations I would set them up to get donations every 3 months.
- Buy a house for my mother-in-law.
- Set up a fund for my mom’s retirement.
- Set up a fund for my dad’s retirement.
- Set up a fund for my mother-in-law’s retirement.
- Walk into a few coffee shops and pay for EVERYONE’S coffee, with one requirement PASS IT FORWARD!
- Walk into every restaurant in town and pay for EVERONE’S dinner, with one requirement PASS IT FORWARD!
- Pay for 1000 gift cards worth $200 each and hand them out to strangers.
- Go to the Women Shelters in this area and take all the women on a shopping spree.
- Go to the local hospitals and pay off 10 peoples bill at each.
- Buy new school supplies, desks, decorations, etc…for all the local schools.
- Send care packages to deployed soldiers and to their families back home.
- Make a big donation to the local nursing homes…maybe start a Make a Wish program for the elderly! <3
- Cater a month’s worth of food for the local Firehouses.
- Pay the utility bills for everyone in your neighborhood.
- Buy gift cards from all the restaurants in town and all the grocery stores and hand them out to the homeless.
- Send flowers to all the ladies at the local nursing homes.
- Make donations to all the local churches.
- Cater a meal for each of the local churches.
What would you do if money wasn’t an issue? What would you do for others?
“For unto us a child is born, unto us, a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” -Isaiah 9:6