December 16 – Perfect Movie Night (Printable Included)
“It’s fruitcake weather!” -Truman Capote
“I was going to sip on a diet soda, but a little voice convinced me I needed the extra calcium from a cup of hot chocolate.” -Cathy Guisewite
“I want to take all our best moments, put them in a jar, and take them out like cookies and savor each one of them forever.” –
One of my favorite ways to spend the evening during the holiday season is with a nice festive drink, yummy treat, and a great movie. I remember curling up on the couch, as a kid, with hot chocolate in my hand and watching a good Christmas movie with my family. I have included a printable list of “Must Watch Christmas Movies” in case you need some ideas.
I also wanted to include some of my favorite recipes for drinks and snacks.
Favorite Hot Chocolate Recipes
Favorite Apple Cider Recipes
- Spiced Hot Apple Cider
- Hot Spiced Apple Cider in the Slow Cooker by Kare (please, check out her blog while you are there! 🙂 )
Favorite Cookie Recipes
- Classic Sugar Cookies from Food Network
- Gingerbread Cookies from Alex Guarnaschelli (LOVE HER!)
- Snickerdoodle Cookies from Trisha Yearwood
Favorite Holiday Candies
- Almost-Famous Peppermint Bark
- Peanut Brittle from Trisha Yearwood
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles (Say what?!? You had me at cookie dough!) ❤
What movies are on your “must see” list? Do you have any favorite holiday drinks or snacks?
Go make some memories!! Have a cookie or two for me! 😉
“For unto us a child is born, unto us, a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” -Isaiah 9:6