January SMART Goals: What Are SMART Goals?
“Take the challenge of your life. Reach out to your goals. There is no limit to what you can achieve.” -Lailah Gifty Akita
“To reach a target, you must never see it as unreachable!” -Mehmet Murat Ildan
“It does not matter how long it takes to reach the goal. With persistent focus, commitment and enthusiasm, you will make it a reality.” –
S.M.A.R.T goal setting helps bring structure and trackability to your goals. S.M.A.R.T is an acronym for
S.M.A.R.T goals help with making sure your goals aren’t too vague. Goals are great and very important for day to day achievement, but you have to have a plan and be realistic. It doesn’t have to be “all or nothing.” This is where the S.M.A.R.T method comes into play. For more detailed information on the S.M.A.R.T method and free downloadable S.M.A.R.T goals worksheet check out Witte’s World Blog.
S.M.A.R.T Goal Example
I want to increase my email list.
We can agree that this sounds great and is important for bloggers, but it is too vague. Here are some questions we need to ask:
- How much?
- How many?
- Did I give myself a timetable?
- What can I do to reach this goal?
How much? Many? I will increase my email list to 75 subscribers.
How long do I want to give myself? I will increase my email list to 75 subscribers by December 31, 2019.
How will I reach this goal? I will increase my email list to 75 subscribers by December 31, 2019, by utilizing connections, networking, social media, and creating a free downloadable for every new subscriber.
My S.M.A.R.T Blogging Goals for 2019
- I will increase my email list to 42 subscribers by January 31, 2019, by utilizing connections, networking, social media, and creating a free downloadable for every new subscriber.
- I will reach 200,000 monthly views on Pinterest by January 31, 2019, by utilizing Tailwind, Pinterest Group Boards, and working on my keywords.
- I will increase my Facebook followers to 300 by January 31, 2019, by continuing to network in my Facebook blogging groups, on Instagram, and sharing with my family and friends.
- I will start up my new weekly series posts for 2019 by the second or third week of January. I plan on making this happen by trying to get them written ahead of time and schedule 2 weeks worth in advance.
- I will do research on linky parties and make a decision on whether or not I am going to start one by January 31, 2019.
Hopefully, this will help you come up with your own list of blogging goals. If you aren’t a blogger, you can still use the S.M.A.R.T method for setting any goals.
Remember to stay focused and never give up. However, don’t stress yourself out. These are YOUR goals. You are in control. Nothing is set in stone. You can reevaluate your goals at any time.
I pray 2019 brings you many, many blessings. Let’s start off strong in January!!!
“But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31